Effective Date: March 31, 2019
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Nursing-CEs and our website(s); www.Nursing-CEs.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- What information we collect including: your individual name, email address, telephone number, and certain information needed for each individual certificate.
Each certificate will be held in your own individual account for retrieval purposes. As a company a survey will be offered with each individual test to be provided to the California BRN upon request.
- With whom it is shared;Your information will not be sold to any other company or entity. It will be used at Nursing-CEs and information will be tracked in order for Nursing-CEs to provide what customers like you will need. Cookies maybe used in order for each company to easily return to Nursing-CE’s and to the test that each individual has purchased.
- How it can be corrected;Please contact Nursing-CE’s on our website any and all issues can be addressed with in 24-48 hours.
- How it is secured;Security is Nursing-CEs is EXTREMELY important and all measures are taken to keep our site as secure as possible. We use Pay-pay as our payment method due to the extent they keep payments secure. Our testing portion of our site is updated often and the site maybe unavailable for short periods of time because of security updates as well as updates to the site.
- How policy changes will be communicated; Our policy changes will only be updated when necessary and customers will receive an email if our policy’s change.
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data.Email Nursing-CEs at Nursing-CEs.com with any concerns if it is believed any personal data has been mis-used.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Nursing-CEsis the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Nursing-CEs only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. Nursing-CEs will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Nursing-CEs will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. I/we will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization or our organizational structure, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., purchasing a course.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address provided on Nursing-CEs website:
- See what data Nursing-CEs have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data Nursing-CEsmay have about you for your certificate.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
- If you have taken a course with Nursing-CEs you may wish to print any certificates on file prior to deleting any information to meet holding certificates for required licensure period of time.
In order to use Nursing-CEs testing portion of Nursing-CEs website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name, address and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Nursing-CEswebsite, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Notification of Changes
Whenever material changes are made to the privacy notice specify how you will notify consumers.
Nursing-CE’s also reserves the right to take on partners or to sell the business in the future.
Other Provisions as Required by Law
Numerous other provisions and/or practices may be required as a result of laws, international treaties, or industry practices. It is up to you to determine what additional practices must be followed and/or what additional disclosures are required. Please take special notice of the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), which is frequently amended and now includes a disclosure requirement for “Do Not Track” signals.